Home-based ABA therapy does have a few advantages over clinic-based sessions. Here are few of the main advantages:
- You get to monitor your child’s sessions when they take place in your home.
- Parent training naturally occurs in real-time when ABA sessions are in the home. After-the-fact summarization of sessions are helpful but nothing compares to seeing a behavior modification in real-time.
- Providing the initial teaching in the child’s home creates efficiency and helps the child apply the skills they learn to new environments and situations. This is referred to as “generalizing”.
- Home-based sessions have more flexibility. You are not necessarily bound to the hours of operation for a clinic and we do our best to work with your family’s schedule.
- ABA sessions that take place in the home are one-on-one all the time! The focus is 100% on your child’s needs.